Corona virus update
We are closely monitoring the worldwide development of the Corona virus. As the situation turned worse in the last days we unfortunately have to inform you that we decided to shift the GBI Europe 2020 tour from June to late September. GBI Transalp is currently not affected, and GBI Kuwait was rescheduled to a date later in the year (still to be announced).
Concerning GBI Europe 2020 we inform you about the following:
All participants will be shifted to the new tour date (September 27 - October 3, 2020) in case they do not notify us otherwise (e.g. cancel the participation in their GBI user profile). They will keep all of their booked options. Also for those who booked a flight this might be a good option as they might change the flight date these days without fees. Our regular Terms & Conditions apply from April 1st.
If someone is considering to skip this event we offer a voucher of the full paid invoice amount, that can be used for any future GBI event (not for partner events) and can even be transferred to another participant for new registration.
Those participants, who decide to cancel their participation, should keep in mind, that from April 1st the late registration fees apply and if they decide later to re-register for September (higher) late registration fees apply.
In close alignment with the cities we will stay at, considering the current actions taken by the European Union and the official advices provided by the World Health Organization, we are going to implement at least the following actions for GBI Europe tour:
- The GBI organization we will take all possible actions to achieve the best possible hygiene situation during the tour, especially in the GBI camp;
- If you stay in the GBI Camp, you can bring your own sleeping mat (for hygienical reasons) instead of using the offered camp mattresses;
- For all participants with camp accommodation it will be compulsory to bring (and use) an own mattress sheet, if you use the GBI mattresses;
- It is recommended as good practice to secure your investments into this tour (registration fee, air fee, other travel costs) by an own travel cancellation insurance
We will continue reviewing the situation and will inform you immediately here if any further major amendments become necessary.